Douglass Outreach Evaluation Services
Our Evaluation services include psychoeducational and diagnostic testing. Done by trained professionals who are experts in the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and in their own professional disciple, are experienced in working with individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). Appropriate standardized direct assessments, developmental and behavioral assessments and descriptive assessments are used to answer specific referral questions and may include measures of diagnosis, assessment of cognitive ability, academic achievement, language, and adaptive behavior.
A complete Psychoeducational Evaluation includes the following:
- A psychological evaluation by a licensed clinical psychologist, a certified school psychologist or a graduate student under faculty supervision
- An educational evaluation by a Learning Disabilities Teacher Consultant (LDTC)
- A speech and language evaluation by a licensed and certified Speech and Language Pathologist (SLP)
- A written report with findings and a comprehensive summary report with recommendations.
- A meeting with evaluators to discuss results and recommendations
- Assessments conducted at the DDDC or in the individual's school-based and/or home-based setting
Diagnostic evaluations are conducted by trained professionals who have experience with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). The clinical team utilizes "gold standard" tools such as the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) and Autism Diagnostic Interview- Revised (ADI-R) for assessing and diagnosing autism and pervasive developmental disorder (PDD) across ages, developmental levels, and language skills.
The evaluation includes the following:
- Parent/caregiver interview(s)
- Teacher interview
- Behavioral observation
- Testing conducted in the DDDC evaluation room
- Comprehensive summary of findings and recommendations
- A follow up meeting with the evaluators to discuss results and recommendations
For further information please call 848-932-4500.