Douglass Outreach School-Based Consultation Services
School Based Consultations are conducted by Training Coordinators who hold a minimum of a Masters degree in special education, psychology or another related field. Many Training Coordinators are Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA). All are experts in utilizing the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis and are experienced in working with individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) including Aspergers Disorder (AD).
The goal of consultation is to support educational communities in establishing evidence- based programs using the most current technology that will allow learners to maximize their full potential.
School based consultations include the following:
- Initial meeting with school personnel to identify needs of the school program, assess current program, determine future goals and establish a schedule for consultation
- On site consultation that includes observation, demonstration of strategic clinical
skills, staff feedback and training, curriculum modifications and monitoring
program development via data analysis
- Review of Individual Education Plans (IEP)
- Support for staff regarding Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) and writing
and implementing Behavior Support Plans (BSP)
- Training for parents
- Program evaluations/written report with recommendations
- Workshops and trainings to support clinical application and professional
- Written consultation notes after each on site consultation
- A team approach that takes into consideration the many challenges facing
students, families, administrators, educational and related services staff
For further information please contact Douglass Outreach at 848-932-4500.